March 12, 2007

Anagram Fun!

An anagram, for those who don't know, is when you take the letters of a word or phrase and rearrange it to create another word or phrase. Some people say that you can find pretty meaningful anagrams out of certain things. My mom, for instance, would always say that I danced to the beat of a different drummer, so perhaps then it's no surprise that my name can be rearranged to say "Each jives lone in sun." With the help of an anagram website, I made up a list of some fun movie-star themed anagrams (some of which I jacked shamelessly from the site. But some are mine too!)

Orson Welles - No slow reels

Alec Guinness - Genuine class

Katharine Hepburn (in reference to the witty repartee she often had with her on-screen partners) - Hark! I, he, pun banter

Humphrey Bogart - Oh, breathy grump!

Charles Chaplin - Shrill cane chap

Martin Scorsese - Screen is a storm

Clint Eastwood - Old west action

Leni Riefenstahl (Nazi propaganda director, lived to be 100) Senile Hitler fan


Now try your own!

No comments: