March 27, 2007

Trailer Mashups

What I intended to be a top 5 list has spiraled out of control. I am loving this new trend of trailer mashups all over YouTube, that either combine or re-edit movie trailers to give them a totally different meaning. So in no particular order, here are some of my faves right now!

- Brokeback to the Future - of course. One of the forerunners of the "genre."

- Must Love Jaws

- Hard Day's Night of the Living Dead

- 8 1/2 Mile - ultimate fusion of highbrow and lowbrow.

- 10 Things I Hate About Commandments - oh, that Charlton Heston!

- Tom Hanks is James Bond - brilliant. I can't fathom how many hours of footage they had to sift through to make this.

- Toy Story: Requiem - Pixar's dark side?

- X-Men 3 and Office Space

- Donnie Madison - a blow to emo kids everywhere.

- X3: The Last Standing Ovation - I know this is the third one on the list created by Chocolate Cake City, but those guys just know how to bring the funny.

- Simian City

- The Last Lion King of Scotland

- How Scarface Got His Groove Back

- Citizen Kane: Tha Remix

- Incredible Beauty

No comments: